Coconut Amino Teriyaki Chicken. Add the coconut aminos, honey and seasoning to your crockpot and stir until combined. Add the chicken and stir again to coat it with the sauce. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the crockpot and set aside.
Add salt and pepper to taste on both sides.. Teriyaki sauce typically starts off with soy sauce as a base, and there's a whole debate over whether soy sauce is Paleo, and if so if you should use one that's gluten-free, or low sodium, or use coconut aminos instead. I like to avoid the whole debate and just use coconut aminos since it replicates the taste well and is Paleo friendly. You can cook Coconut Amino Teriyaki Chicken using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Amino Teriyaki Chicken
- You need 6 of Chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Coconut aminos.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coconut amino teriyaki sauce.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Coconut Aminos and why you shouldn't substitute it one-for-one for soy sauce. The secret to making a teriyaki chicken without soy is using Coconut Aminos. Coconut Aminos is made out of the coconut sap from coconut blossoms. This product is kept raw, and mixed with salt after it's been aged.
Coconut Amino Teriyaki Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put breasts in pan. Cut thin slices in the breasts..
- Add salt and pepper to taste on both sides..
- Mix coconut aminos and teriyaki sauce in small dish. Brush the mixture onto the breasts. Flip chicken over and brush the other side. Make sure to get sauce into the thin slices you made..
- Place breasts in oven. Cook for 40 mins.
- Look into the slices you made and see if the chicken is white. If the chicken is pink or there are pink juices coming out, put it in for more time..
- Leftovers last for 5-7 days. Tastes good with Roasted Baby Potatoes.
I can still get a terrific teriyaki flavor at home with a little creative cooking. This recipe is a great example. Moist, juicy chicken baked with a yummy, sticky-sweet teriyaki flavored coating – minus all the bad stuff. The real key to this paleo recipe is the bottle of coconut aminos. Plus it's paleo and you probably have everything to make it on hand right now.