Labnieh cooked with minced meat and rice. RICE – Best made with white long grain rice for fluffiest outcome. Medium grain is the next best, then short grain or sushi rice (still great, just less pilaf-like). Once boiling, reduce the heat to low.
Mix the minced meat and season with chopped garlic, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Mix well the spices into the meat and let marinate about one hour. You will need five minutes to prepare. You can cook Labnieh cooked with minced meat and rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Labnieh cooked with minced meat and rice
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 kg of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 of Minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 3 of chopped onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of all spices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dry coriander.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of pine nuts Optional.
The following recipe will prepare minced meat to serve for four. READ ALSO: Chips Masala Recipe: Add Some Flair to Your Potatoes for Yourself. One large chopped onion One Pot Lebanese Hashweh Ground Beef and Rice; One of my favorites is Hashweh, a Lebanese rendition of meat and rice. Traditionally this dish calls for ground lamb or lamb chunks.
Labnieh cooked with minced meat and rice instructions
- In pot add yogurt and egg the water salt and mix then start cooking it on medium heat do not stop mixing till it get hot about 10 minutes.
- In another pot cook the one cup rice with 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon oil and 1 and 1/2 cup of water first you boil it then you cook it on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In another pot you start cooking the meat over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil add onions garlic spices cook for 10 minutes.
- Add coriander and the cook rice then the yogurt sauce cook for 20 minutes enjoy add roasted pine nuts on top.
- Jordanian style you do not need meat you cook lentil with rice1/2 cup lentil Soak half hour it in the water then cook it on low heat With 11/2 cup of water about 30 minutes then you add a cup of soak rice on top and add another cup of water and cook together adding oil and salt till the rice is Tender It’s call mjadarah.
- Syrian style it called shush bark they use dough stuffed with meat the just dump it in the yogurt sauce and cook it till the dough float.
But it's difficult to find lamb where I live, so I improvise with ground beef. The Maillard browning creates a wonderful toasty umami that gives the plain rice depth and character. Then the rice is cooked in chicken stock, which imbues enough flavor that the rice would be quite delicious on it's own, but the real magic comes from the meat. The meat isn't cooked ahead of time, so try to use very lean ground beef to avoid the excess fat. If you like cabbage rolls, but don't like the prep work, try this easy unstuffed cabbage rolls recipe.