One Pot Mexican Pasta. When a craving hits for cheesy pasta, but you don't want to blow the fat and calorie bank, look no further than One Pot Turkey Mexican Pasta – a spicy, cheesy, delicious way to get your pasta fix. Lean ground turkey is cooked with pasta, salsa, plenty of smoky spices, and just a touch of sharp cheddar cheese – and as stated, everything is cooked in one pot! Even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!
A super easy one pan dinner! This One Pan Mexican Pasta is super easy and loaded with tons of Mexican flavor! Best of all everything is made in one pan! You can cook One Pot Mexican Pasta using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One Pot Mexican Pasta
- You need 1 pack of grape tomatoes (sliced/halved).
- Prepare 1 of large onion (sliced).
- Prepare 1 lb of smoked hot sausage links (pre-cooked, sliced into coins).
- You need 1-2 of jalapeños (sliced).
- It’s 1 lb of dry spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped cilantro (divided).
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- You need 5 cups of water.
Simply brown the beef and veggies and simmer them in the sauce. Even the pasta gets cooked in the pot! Helpful Tips to make One-Pot Mexican Pasta and Sausage: Choose your favorite sausage. I prefer hot Italian sausage, but chorizo would be good too.
One Pot Mexican Pasta step by step
- Set aside half of grape tomatoes and half the bunch of cilantro.
- Add sausage, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and seasonings to bottom of pot..
- Add water and spaghetti on top..
- Turn stove on med-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil..
- Once water is boiling remove lid and stir until water has dissipated. Remove from heat..
- Add remaining halves of tomatoes and cilantro..
You can substitute green chiles for the jalapenos or leave out the jalapenos completely. Feel free to add dairy-free cheese shreds or vegan mozzarella to turn this healthy recipe into an amazing enchilada pasta dish! Add the taco seasoning and squash, and cook for a few more minutes. In a large pot heavy bottomed pot add the olive oil, onions, and garlic. Add the diced tomatoes, including the juice.