Vegetarian Rice Lentil Porridge in one pot. Learn how to make this easy one pot light nutritious meal. The Best Vegetarian Rice Porridge Recipes on Yummly Take Rice and Tuvar dal in a large bowl.
Red Lentils & Oats Porridge High-Protein Vegan Breakfast Recipe. In Indian culture, it is considered one of the first solid foods that babies eat. It is like a savoury porridge. You can cook Vegetarian Rice Lentil Porridge in one pot using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Rice Lentil Porridge in one pot
- It’s 1 Cup of Rice.
- It’s 1 Cup of Tuvar Dal (Split Pigeon Pea).
- It’s 6 1/2 Cup of water.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Mixed Vegetables (Carrot, Shelled Pigeon Peas, Cut potatoes, Green Bell pepper,tomatoes) of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of Small Onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 Tbs of Ginger Garlic paste.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Chili Powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 5 Tbs of Ghee/Clarified butter/ Oil.
- You need 2 Tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Cumin Seeds.
Creamy and lightly spiced, golden lentils and rice is like a healthy comfort food! Also vegan, gluten free and a one pot dish! This recipe came about after I followed a blog comment back to its source. I ended up at the Simple Gluten Free Kitchen Blog which featured an inspiring recipe that she called Lentil and Rice Porridge.
Vegetarian Rice Lentil Porridge in one pot instructions
- Take Rice and Tuvar dal in a large bowl. Wash and soak them for at least 30 mins. On medium flame, heat the pressure cooker, add ghee/oil to it. Once ghee is hot enough add mustard seeds. Let them crackle and then add cumin seeds. Add Onions, Ginger Garlic paste and saute them for a minute. Now, add all the vegetables and saute them for 2-3 min. Add Rice and Tuvar dal with water, salt, turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder. Close the lid. On medium flame, cook until you.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Congee is one of the world's most comforting foods! This brown rice and lentil congee is a healthier version with more fibre and nutrients like protein than typical white rice congee.