Keto Gluten-Free Italian Meatballs. This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)These gluten-free low carb meatballs were inspired by my readers. Making keto meatballs Italian style has been on my list for a while now, but several reader requests for an easy low carb meatball recipe brought it to life sooner than I planned for. Whether you prefer your meatballs baked or fried, my low carb meatballs recipe produces the best Italian meatballs which are tender just like mom's.
Most meatballs need something to help bind them together, the most common option being breadcrumbs. The Best Gluten Free & Keto Meatballs The Meat. My personal favorite meat combo when it comes to meatballs (think our Swedish meatballs, ragu, bolognese, etc) is a fifty-fifty of ground beef and pork. You can have Keto Gluten-Free Italian Meatballs using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Gluten-Free Italian Meatballs
- You need 2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of onion chopped fine.
- You need 3/4 C of almond flour.
- Prepare 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 C of grated parmesan.
- It’s 1 of beef bouillon cube, broken up.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of each of oregano and Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 jar of low net carb spaghetti sauce.
Nothing fancy or pricey, just your good-old (and plenty fatty!) ground chuck. But if you are feeling like spiffing things up a notch, adding ground veal is truly incredible too. I'm eating Paleo friendly food a lot lately, which means grains are out and pasta is nowhere to be seen, at least for a while. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
Keto Gluten-Free Italian Meatballs instructions
- Mix all ingredients together..
- Brown meatballs in olive oil on both sides and transfer to cookie sheet..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes..
- Add to pot of sauce and heat..
- Top with grated parmesan. They can be used to top shiritake noodles if desired..
- This is the sauce I use. It is 3 net carbs per 1/2 cup..
- To cut down on the acid of the tomatoes, you can add a tablespoon of red wine to sauce..
Meatballs are such a classic Italian recipe, it would be a shame to not be able to enjoy them. The most delicious, moist, flavorful meatballs! Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food. As for the gluten-free and dairy-free aspect of this – traditionally, many would have added parmesan cheese and regular bread crumbs. Delicious Italian keto meatballs are a quick keto dinner recipe to make with ground beef.