Chicken fried tofu. I ate this chicken fried tofu for three straight days in a row and didn't get tired of them. So in an effort to recreate that Texan comfort food I once loved, I made this Chicken Fried Tofu. These meatless nuggets taste fried but are baked to cripsy golden perfection!
Marinated tofu is battered and fried to a golden crisp to make these mouth-watering "chicken" style fried tofu sandwiches. Top with creamy dairy-free Buffalo slaw for a scrumptious vegan comfort food. This vegan fried chicken isn't fried and it's not chicken. You can have Chicken fried tofu using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken fried tofu
- Prepare 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 11 tsp of poultry seasoning.
It's a lot like the southern style version This tofu owes its texture to having been frozen and then thawed. It becomes a lot chewier and less watery. Not all brands of tofu will result in the flaky layers. Check the printable recipe for the list of Tofu brands/varieties have been tested and what.
Chicken fried tofu step by step
- Slice tofu into small bite sized pieces. I had triangles and squares..
- Place tofu pieces in shallow container and cover with chicken broth. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least one hour. Turn frequently..
- After tofu is done marinating mix together flour, nutrients yeast, seasoning together. Mix well with fork..
- Place oil in shallow frying pan. Heat on high..
- Place tofu pieces in seasoning mix, double dip or triple dip and place in frying pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown..
- Remove chicken pieces with tongs or chopsticks. Place on paper towel atop wore rack..
- Enjoy! Don't burn your mouth!.
Or how about chicken fried tofu (but baked instead)? Hmmm… But, at the end of the day, it's a tofu recipe all the way 🙂. A Breaded and Baked Tofu Recipe. No secret – I'm a BIG tofu fan! Chinese Stir-fried Tofu and Chicken GibletsMy Chinese Recipes.