Pork Wellington. Why, just last night my daughter asked if we could ever just have bacon for dinner. Add olive oil to pan after removing beef. To make the sauce, bring the cream to the boil, add the mustard and reserved mushroom mixture, and remove from the heat.
Gordon Ramsay wraps the tenderloin in prosciutto, which we think is better with pork tenderloin, as this recipe calls for. Some recipes include wrapping the coated meat in a crêpe to retain the moisture and prevent it from making the pastry soggy. A whole tenderloin may be wrapped and baked, and then sliced for serving, or the. You can have Pork Wellington using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Wellington
- Prepare of Pork tenderloin.
- Prepare 250 gr of crimini mushrooms.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of apple.
- You need of Puff pastry.
- Prepare 4 slices of prosciutto.
- Prepare 2 tsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Tender, juicy pork loin is a crowd-pleaser on any table, particularly when its enrobed in pie dough that's golden, flaky, and sealed up like a holiday package. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Slice roast in half horizontally; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chef Gordon Ramsay modernizes the classic Beef Wellington recipe with his trusty cast iron skillet, which gives the beef fillet color, depth, and flavor.
Pork Wellington step by step
- Blitz the mushrooms and apples in a food processor. Add the thyme and crushed garlic..
- Cook the mushroom mixture till dry, approximately 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring regularly. And set aside..
- Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Preheat a pan on high heat, and brown on all sides..
- Lay out the puff pastry, shingle on a layer of prosciutto. On top of that spread out the mushroom mixture..
- Mix the honey and mustard and spread it out over the pork tenderloin. Place the tenderloin on the pastry, en roll it up tightly. Trim excess and ensure a tight seal. Wrap up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to two days..
- Preheat the oven to 220 celcius. Unwrap the package, score it and give it an eggwash. While still cold, place in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, or untill the pastry is cooked..
- Rest the meat for 3 to 5 minutes and slice 2 to 3 cm thick slices and serve with sides..
Dijon mustard tenderizes, marinates, and gives a gentle kick to the filet mignon. Layers of prosciutto, savory chive crepe, a mushroom mixture, and puff pastry literally seal the deal on what will become your go-to recipe to impress. Wrap each piece of beef tightly in a triple layer of cling film to set its shape, then chill overnight. But once my dad decides he wants to make something, come hell or high water, it will be made. It also helps that Chef Gordon Ramsay has a video online on how to make his version of Beef Wellington, using Parma ham wrapped around the fillet instead of.