One Skillet Lasagna. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it into bite-size pieces with a wooden spoon, until. This ultimate comforting and cheesy meal is so much easier than making a conventional lasagna. After you try this version you will never need another lasagna recipe!
My pot wasn't big enough for the lasagna noodles so part of them were uncooked, and it was simply an epic mess. Thankfully, this one pot lasagna gives you all the flavors of that comforting lasagna with just a quarter of the work. This Skillet Lasagna recipe really fits the bill. You can have One Skillet Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One Skillet Lasagna
- Prepare 28 oz of Canned diced tomatoes with juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion Diced (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic Minced.
- You need 1 pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian Sausage or Hamburger.
- It’s 10 of Curly Edge Lasagna Noodles broken into 2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I like more).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of Ricotta Cheese (cottage cheese can be substituted).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Fresh Oregano Chopped.
I love lasagna, but don't always have the kind of time required to make it the traditional hard way. This is all cooked in one skillet, and you can clean the other couple of bowls used while this cooks. Layer with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and Parmesan.
One Skillet Lasagna instructions
- Heat oil in a large high rimmed skillet. When it's hot add garlic, and crushed red pepper. Sauté for a few seconds..
- Add the meat and cook until it is no longer pink. Dump the tomatoes on the meat along with the juice. Sprinkle the dried oregano, basil, salt, and pepper over the top and stir..
- Break the lasagna noodles and spread them evenly over the meat and tomatoes. Bring the pan to a rapid boil. Put the lid on the pan and turn the heat to medium low. Cook covered for 20-25 minutes or until the noodles are cooked..
- Stir in the fresh basil, ricotta, parmesan,and 1/2 the mozzarella. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella evenly over the top of the mixture. Recover the pan, turn heat to low and cook until the cheese on top melts. Serve.
- ALTERNATIVE- transfer the lasagna mixture into a greased casserole dish before sprinkling mozzarella on top. When transferred place tablespoon dabs of ricotta on top..
- Space them out as if you were placing cookies on a cookie sheet to bake. Top evenly with the remaining mozzarella and place under the broiler until cheese is golden brown..
To serve, sprinkle lasagna with reserved parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Wow friends and family with this skillet lasagna, a modern take on the classic comfort-food casserole. With layers of homemade tomato sauce, lasagna noodles, ricotta, and spinach, every bite is oozing with flavor. Starting the cooking process in the skillet ensures the outer edges achieve maximum crispiness, and finishing it under the broiler allows the cheese to bubble and brown. Skillet Chicken Lasagna Delicious one-dish meal for those nights you just need to get grub on the table fast.