Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Skip the box and make the good stuff! Boil your pasta in one pot and in another make a simple cheese sauce. Baked mac and cheese: If you have a little extra time, you can bake the macaroni and cheese to give it a golden crust. You can cook Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese
- Prepare 8 oz of "sauce holding" pasta (ex. elbow mac, rotini, radiatore).
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- It’s 4 oz of velveeta – cubed.
- Prepare Pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and. This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese instructions
- Cook pasta to package directions. Drain and set aside..
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup milk, velveeta, and cayenne. Stir until velveeta is melted..
- Turn heat down to low. Stir in shredded cheese until fully melted and sauce is smooth. Taste. Add salt and pepper if desired..
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Add additional milk as needed if sauce seems to thick. Enjoy!.
This truly is the BEST stovetop mac and cheese recipe! This weekend, Barclay and I went to a food festival here in Barcelona that was fabulously. A very quick and easy fix to a tasty side-dish. Fancy, designer mac and cheese often costs forty or fifty dollars to prepare when you have so many exotic and expensive cheeses, but they aren't always the best tasting. Nothing beats a good mac and cheese made from scratch!