Tuna Pasta Salad. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. Macaroni-shaped pasta is tailor-made for salads because it won't fall apart when mixed up with other ingredients. Amelia's Tuna Macaroni Salad "This macaroni salad will remind you of Grandma's.
This part antipasto, part tuna pasta salad is my husband's favorite. I don't know about you, but for me, warm weather screams pasta salad! This tuna pasta salad is a classic! You can have Tuna Pasta Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna Pasta Salad
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat pasta (shape of choice).
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and shredded.
- You need 1 can (5 oz.) of tuna, drained and flaked.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of finely diced red onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Juice from 1 small lemon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper, salt free all purpose seasoning.
It easy, fast, and I usually have all the ingredients that I need to throw it together. My kids love this pasta salad and we eat it for lunch all the time, but it works great as a dinner or side dish. It is a nice pasta salad but not a tuna with pasta salad. More like a pasta salad with tuna added.
Tuna Pasta Salad step by step
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. In the last two minutes of its cook time, stir in the peas. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water..
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, carrots and onion. Drizzle in the oil and lemon juice, then add the seasonings. Toss it all together, then stir in the tuna, so it stays in larger chunks..
- That's it! Let it chill in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready to eat. This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days..
I bet this would be good with salmon too. To make this easy pasta salad, start by boiling some salted water and cooking your pasta. A nice, small pasta is best; I chose the shells because they reminded me of the ocean (ha!) but Rotini, Farfalle or even macaroni are great alternatives. This tuna pasta salad is a classic recipe that's been around for many years. The first time I tried it was at my aunt's house when I was a child.