Chinese Five Spices Walnuts. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Add the brown sugar, syrup and five-spice powder.
Sprinkle over the walnuts and gently toss until just coated. Serve warm or at room temperature. Toss well to distribute the spices, and then taste a nut. You can cook Chinese Five Spices Walnuts using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Five Spices Walnuts
- It’s 2 cups of walnut pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chinese five spices powder or to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
Add more seasonings to taste and toss well after each addition. When the nuts are cool, pack them into an airtight jar or plastic container. While oven heats, mix the spices, salt, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside. Remove pan from oven and carefully pour the hot almonds back into the mixing bowl.
Chinese Five Spices Walnuts step by step
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices and set aside..
- In a cake pan, drizzle butter over walnuts and toss. Then, add in the spices mixture and toss..
- Air fry at 320F (160C) for about 5-6 minutes. Let cool before serving..
Sprinkle spices over the nuts and toss well with a spoon. Chinese five-spice powder typically combines cinnamon, star anise, anise seeds, ginger, and cloves. The combination gives the pecans a sweet, bitter, salty, and pungent flavor that's great. A recipe for five-spice peanuts, an easy treat in which peanuts are glazed with sugar and five-spice powder.. Usually, five spice powder includes cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Sichuan peppercorns.