Mediterranean Okra and Tomato Stew.
You can have Mediterranean Okra and Tomato Stew using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Okra and Tomato Stew
- It’s 1/2 pound of Fresh Okra (find less bruised and small ones).
- It’s 1/2 pound of beef for stew (chopped).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion/ chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of Lime or vinegar to soak okra for 1/2 hour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Mediterranean Okra and Tomato Stew step by step
- Trim around top of stem attached to pod, removing a thin layer, , put them in vinegar, lemon or lime juice about 1/2 hour, reduce the Sliminess. Pat them dry before cooking ..
- Prepare your ingredients, chop onions, tomatoes, lemon juice.
- Wash your meat and cook in pressure cooker for 5 minutes, or in a boiling water, cover and cook(about 15 minutes) save juice..
- Heat oil, add onions then tomatoes, meat, tomato paste, stir.
- Add okra, chopped garlic.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add saved meat juice, until slightly cover okra, if juice is not enough, add boiled water into pot..
- Cover and cook about 25 minutes on medium- low flame..