Clean living cottage pie. Once you serve cottage pie, you cannot go back. Having a list of pillar meals is a must for any Mom. It takes the pressure off meal times and learning to remake these meals using real food ingredients will make the entire process that much easier.
I have to admit that the name conjured up images of me tending my flocks of sheep in the meadows somewhere. This Paleo Sweet Potato Cottage Pie is the best comfort food for cold days. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. You can have Clean living cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clean living cottage pie
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 large of chopped onion.
- It’s 8 of rashers of bacon with fat cut off.
- It’s 2 cup of diced carrot.
- You need 500 grams of extra lean minced beef.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of kallo beef stock.
- It’s 2 head of of cauliflower trimmed, cooked till very soft.
- It’s 3 of carrots diced, cooked till very soft.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes diced, cooked till very soft.
For this savory pie, ground beef, onions, veggies, herbs and spices marry perfectly: Everything is sauteed together and then combined with broth and tomato paste, and simmered until ready to pour into a prepared pie crust. The hearty filling is then topped with fluffy mashed potatoes, sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, and baked. The Gracious Pantry is an ever-growing collection of real food recipes and cooking information. My focus is to further support the real food movement and inspire people to store, prep and cook with real food.
Clean living cottage pie instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the onion for 15 mins until soft.
- Add bacon and carrots to the pan and fry until bacon is cooked and carrots are soft about 10 mins.
- Add minced beef to the pan and saute till brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and cook down until 60% has evaporated.
- Place cooked cauliflower, carrot and sweet potato in a food processor and puree with the remaining olive oil until smooth.
- Pour minced beef mixture into oven dish.
- Pour mash over the top.
- Bake at 200c for 30mins.
Leftover mashed potatoes are mixed with white cheddar cheese to form the top crust for this British pub-food staple. Ground beef is traditionally used, but lean ground turkey will work, as well. Brown the crust under the broiler for a minute or two, if you like. To make the meat sauce, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Prepared mashed potatoes will help you whip up this classic Cottage Pie with Potato Crust recipe with ease.