Chinese celery w/ Tofu. Chinese celery resembles long, super skinny regular celery. I am not from china but truly love Chinese culture , specially their recipes. Tofu is a great source of iron , this recipe will be so handy for growing kids.
Layer celery and tofu on serving plates, drizzle with chili oil and sprinkle. The Best Silken Tofu Chinese Recipes on Yummly Chinese Hoisin Pork Ribs, Chinese Barbecued Tofu And Vegetables, Tofu Noodle Potage, A Chinese Vegetarian Soup. You can have Chinese celery w/ Tofu using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese celery w/ Tofu
- You need .5 lb of pork butt; cut into.5” chunks.
- It’s 1/4 c of shrimp.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 stalks of Chinese celery; stalks cut into 1” pieces, leaves set aside.
- You need of Tofu; lightly fried.
- You need .5 of onion, cut into chunks.
- You need 2 of Roma tomatoes; cut into chunks.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic; chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black bean sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/4 c of chicken broth.
Chinese celery is somewhat different from the celery that we are used to. It has a much stronger flavor than Western celery, and the stalks Perhaps this will lead to interesting Chinese celery leaf recipes in the future. Chinese celery recipes often include sliced dried tofu, julienned beef, pork or chicken. Chinese tofu salad is a light and tasty summertime dish.
Chinese celery w/ Tofu instructions
- Coat the pork with soy sauce and cornstarch. Sauté in a pan with 3tbsp oil until cooked through..
- Separate the Chinese celery stalks from the leaves..
- Sauté your onion for a minute then add your garlic. Then the tomatoes..
- Grandma added this salted soy bean paste in. You can sub with black bean sauce; I think they’re the same. Add in your shrimp and the oyster sauce..
- Continue to sauté until the tomatoes are soft. Then stir in the celery stalks..
- Last but not least, the celery leaves. Add the chicken broth as needed to keep the moisture. Turn off the heat and set aside..
- Here’s grandpa frying up the tofu..
- And you’re done! Enjoy!.
Pour in the chili oil sauce and toss well Chicken and Chinese Celery Wontons in Sichuan Zhenjiang Vinegar Sauce. Celery, an accepted Chinese herbal for thousands of years, still is one today; and it is a popular food worldwide. The most common variety, Apium rapace, is probably a younger cousin to Chinese celery. The Asian variety is less known in western countries but better known in Asia. Read the Chinese Celery discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Chinese food community.