New years eve Sausage Rolls. Great recipe for New years eve Sausage Rolls. I love this recipe I found in the BBC GOOD FOOD MAKE AHEAD MEALS. always a success for Halloween parties and a great snack to have in the freezer for a quick lazy lunch. Mixing festive red cranberry juice, Triple Sec and champagne creates a fun cocktail for Christmas parties, a New Year's Eve bash or any get-together during the fall and winter seasons.
Chicken Sausage Rolls with Sweet Chili Thai Sauce is the best sausage rolls recipe ever. You are going to love this Thai sausage recipe. When it comes to New Year's Eve snacks, skip the frozen mini pizzas and serve these guest-worthy Green Olive Pizza Rolls instead. You can cook New years eve Sausage Rolls using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of New years eve Sausage Rolls
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need handful of parsley.
- Prepare 450 g of sausage meat (I love waitrose gourmet pepper and nutmeg).
- You need 500 g of puff pastry, block or ready rolled… or your own.
- It’s 1 of beaten egg.
Premade pizza dough makes them a cinch to prepare—plus they're equally delicious warm or at room temperature with marinara sauce for dipping. She Who Must Be Obeyed and I normally spend a quiet night at home on New Years eve. A sign of my age I guess. But that doesn't mean we don't want some tasty appetizers to bring in the New Year.
New years eve Sausage Rolls step by step
- Heat oven to 200C (180C fan or gas 6).
- Crush garlic and some salt to paste in pestle and mortar. Add 50 ml of cold water and chopped fresh parsley if possible.
- Put sausage meat in food processor turn on a high speed and pour garlic flavoured water. Then season with black pepper. (Personally I have found my preferred sausage meat in Waitrose which is seasoned with black pepper and nutmeg and will stick with it cause I love it).
- Cut pastry in half lengthways.
- Divide sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of the pastry strip in cylinder shape. Leave some edge about 1.5 cm.
- Tightly roll pastry around meat. Glaze with beaten egg.
- Cut into small 8-10 pieces with sharp knife. It freezes up to a month. Make sure all ingredients are fresh if you're planning to freeze them..
- Cook in the oven for 25 -35 minutes. Add extra 10 minutes if cooking from frozen.
- Happy 2017.
I had some left over crust from making mincemeat tarts and I was out of breakfast sausage. Fate decreed I would be making sausage rolls. These are perfect for this time of year, especially with New Years Eve parties coming up. The next video will be on syn free minced beef pasties so look out for that one tomorrow. Party-worthy food and drink for New Year's Eve, plus eye-opening breakfasts and good-luck dishes for New Year's Day.