Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot). With this recipe, you don't have to boil the pasta first, it cooks right in the pot with all of the other ingredients. The boys especially love this one because it has sausage and lots of cheese. Pour in canned tomatoes and tomato paste and seasoning.
I am SUCH a sucker for one pot meals. When the sausage is starting to colour and the peppers are just getting blackened edges, add in the other ingredients; the pasta, tomatoes, fennel seeds, salt and pepper, Italian herbs, chilli flakes and stock. I then check on the pasta as it cooks and add more if needed, if it's looking dry. You can cook Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot)
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of linguine.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced peperoncini peppers.
- You need 1 of zucchini (optional).
- You need 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 4 of italian sausages sliced in bite size pieces..
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 can of of beer.
Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch rings, and set aside. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat a bit and allow. Instead, I got a pot full of some of the tastiest pasta I've ever had. Roasted red peppers, Italian sausage, spinach, goat cheese, and garlic flavor this simple dish, and leave you with a hearty meal that's as satisfying as realizing you only have one pot to wash after dinner.
Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot) step by step
- slice the sausages, garlic, onions and bell peppers in half moons. Saute in olive oil until soft and tender. Pour half a beer in the pan scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. When most of the beer is gone add the chicken stock and peperoncini..
- When sausage is cooked through take them out and set aside. This makes room for the pasta to cook. Now add the pasta, keep moving it around so it doesn't stick. Your cooking the pasta in the stock. The pasta will absorb the flavor while cooking. The starch in the pasta also thickens the stock creating a sauce..
- You can add a little water if you think its getting too dry. When the pasta is cooked there should be enough sauce that you can drizzle over when serving bit not so much that the pasta is swimming. Add the meatballs back in and serve..
- Zucchini (optional) I have a vegetable peeler with grooves in it. When you run it through the veg it creates long skinny spaghetti shaped zucchini. I add this in just before the pasta is done cooking. This bulks up the pasta a bit and tastes wonderful..
- We like to sprinkle parmesan cheese at the table..
Give One Pot Roasted Red Pepper and Sausage Alfredo a try, and I. Stir until combined, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat until it is simmering. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Learn how to make a quick and delicious one pot pasta dish with spicy Italian sausages, bell peppers and other flavor ingredients with the help of cookbook author Chris De La Rosa.