One pot Tortellini in a creamy tomato sauce. If you love one-pot soups, you are going to LOVE one-pot tomato and basil tortellini soup or my one-pot creamy sausage and potato soup!. I immediately know what ingredients I wanted to use to resemble a condensed tomato soup: springs of fresh rosemary, fresh basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Stir in chicken broth, tortellini, tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
This tortellini recipe is so irresistible, the whole family was stealing bites straight out of the pan on the stove. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful! This One Pot Tortellini is a great meal for when you are in a hurry and need to get dinner on the table quick! You can cook One pot Tortellini in a creamy tomato sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One pot Tortellini in a creamy tomato sauce
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion.
- It’s 20 oz of Tortellini.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cheddar jack Cheese.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Turkey Keilbasa.
- It’s 1 can of Diced tomatoes, Drained.
Pasta is always a winning dish in our house which is why this One-Pot Creamy Sausage and Tomato Tortellini is great for any weeknight meal. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. It's rich and creamy and packed with so much cheese!
One pot Tortellini in a creamy tomato sauce instructions
- Chop onions, saute in pan with a drop if olive oil.
- Add sliced keilbasa to onions, brown.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and tortellini, bring to boil, lower heat to simmer cover for 15 min. Stir occasionally until pasta is tender.
- Add cheeses, leaving some cheddar jack for topping..
- Stir until cheese is melted, cook for additional 5 minutes. Top with rest of cheddar jack, remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Since it's still so cold, there's nothing I would rather do than to enjoy this soup, made from scratch. It's rich, cheesy, smooth, creamy, filling and warms your heart as well as your stomach. Savory cheese-filled tortellini in a simple cream sauce with tomatoes, spinach, and sausage! All easily prepared in one pot! Be sure to try my One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta next!