Tator Tot Jalepeno Popper Casserole. The Original Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe! It is made with jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, tater tots, and cheese. This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks!
This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Chicken Casserole is one of my new favorite meals. Not spicy but so, so good! JALAPEÑO POPPER TATER TOT CHICKEN CASSEROLE. You can cook Tator Tot Jalepeno Popper Casserole using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tator Tot Jalepeno Popper Casserole
- Prepare of packages of cream cheese, softened at room temp.
- You need of sour cream.
- You need of Mexican Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded & divided.
- Prepare of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- You need of jalapeño peppers, deseeded & diced.
- Prepare of bag tator tots.
- You need of green onions, thinly sliced.
Y'all, I just need a moment here to give thanks to God for bacon. The Best Jalapeno Cheese Tater Tots Recipes on Yummly Chicken And Tater Tot Hotdish, Chicken And Tater Tot Hotdish, Truffle Seaweed Tater Tots With Truffle Mayonnaise. While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces.
Tator Tot Jalepeno Popper Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 425° line tator tots in casserole dish. Bake for 15 mins..
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients..
- Spread mixture over top of tator tots. (Not too easy without a spreader lol use a spoon if you don't have one either and spread carefully) Top with remaining cheese, bacon and onions (I put some of the jalapeños on top too) I forgot the bacon on mine :(.
- Bake at 425° for 20 mins. (I'm using the recipes picture because it came out way prettier lol!) Even though I forgot the bacon my family still ate every last piece, not a bit leftover. Enjoy!.
Dice the peppers and slice the onions. Jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite easy appetizers to make and these tater tot versions are one of my favorites! The crispy tot goes perfectly with the cream cheese base and spicy pepper. When I got back from my friend's house with these piping hot tater tots I quickly pulled together these Jalapeño Popper Totchos, then buried my face in them even quicker. The crispy tater tots are smothered in a kicked-up cheese sauce and topped with a creamy sour cream sauce.