Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese). Great recipe for Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese). Gournay (which is what Boursin is), Neufchatel, or other cream cheese type cheeses are a super easy way to make your pasta dish creamy with practically no effort. Just add a dab at the end of the cooking.
Pasta: different brands of penne pasta will vary in this recipe. This dish is so versatile, it's one of my go-to quick weeknight dinners. After the pasta is tossed in the lighter Alfredo-style sauce, it is then upgraded with a few of my favorite dinner ingredients — herbed chicken, fresh asparagus and salty bacon. You can have Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese)
- It’s 8 oz of pasta of choice, boiled al dente and drained (I used spaghetti this time).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need 5 slices of bacon, cut into 1/3" pieces.
- It’s 1/2 pound of asparagus, woody part snapped off, and cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 pint of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved OR 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley OR 1 to 2 Tablespoons dried.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3-4 Tablespoons of Boursin (any flavor) or cream cheese.
- You need of salt.
Creamy Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Tortellini – a delicious and quick way to cook tortellini at home! You just can't go wrong with the combination of cream, tortellini, bacon, and chicken (cooked in olive oil and Italian seasoning). Add asparagus to that, and you have a really great looking and delicious dinner! Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and use tongs to flip the bacon slices.
Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) step by step
- In a large frying pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil up to medium heat, add bacon to the pan, and render the bacon to your desired doneness. I like to render it about a third and still have some pork fat left on the bacon pieces..
- Turn heat to high, add asparagus, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add another 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, add tomatoes, and cook the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't fear the high heat – the liquid and volume of the asparagus and tomatoes will keep things from burning..
- Add garlic and three-quarters of the parsley, stir to incorporate, and cook until garlic is translucent..
- Add pasta, lemon juice, and cheese, and stir or toss everything together. Give the cheese a minute or so to melt, stirring a couple of times in the process. At this point, you'll want to salt to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon. Didn't need much because of the salt from the bacon and the cheese..
- When the cheese is melted, give everything another gentle toss to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated, sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top, and enjoy! :).
Place the asparagus pieces on the empty third of the baking sheet. Toss them in the rendered bacon fat, season with salt, and arrange in a single layer. Stir the Parmesan into the sauce until all Parmesan is melted and sauce is thickened. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Add the bacon, asparagus, and parsley and stir to combine.