Asian Noodle Salad. For the salad: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti to al dente according to the package directions. Mix together the cooked spaghetti, carrots, peppers.
If using Chinese noodles, do not add salt (they are already salted). If using soba or pasta noodles, add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Homemade cold pasta salads like today's noodle salad are my go-to contribution for any picnic or cookout. You can cook Asian Noodle Salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Noodle Salad
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 pound of chinese egg noodles (or spaghetti) cooked.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of cilantro.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped peanuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of scallions sliced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper chopped.
This recipe tastes excellent both cold and at room temperature, travels well, and is a universal hit anywhere I bring it. Asian Noodle Salad is an easy oriental pasta salad filled with fresh vegetables and tossed in a sesame soy dressing. Asian Pasta salad is a perfect side dish for outdoor entertaining or can star as a light main course. This delicious cold noodle salad is perfect for pot-lucks and picnics,.
Asian Noodle Salad step by step
- Heat oils and red pepper in small pot.
- Remove from heat and add honey and soy sauce. Mix to combine.
- Add sauce to cooked spaghetti and marinate for at least 8 hours (the longer the better).
- Mix in remaining ingredients and serve cold..
When finished, place noodles in an ice water bath to cool. In a medium bowl combine, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil, hoisin and extra-virgin olive oil. I served this salad with Balsamic Dijon Glazed Ham, Rosemary Potatoes, and Glazed Carrots for Easter dinner this year and it was a huge hit. Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger. Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool.