Stovetop Stew. The Ingredients in Classic Stovetop Beef Stew. The ingredients are the usual suspects – beef chuck roast, baby potatoes, celery, carrots, frozen peas, onion, garlic, and a little fresh Italian parsley. You'll also need a few dry seasonings (detailed below).
Thick beef stew good eaten from a bowl or poured over biscuits. Beef Stew Recipes Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes. Get ideas for the slow cooker or stovetop, with tips and videos on making the perfect stew. You can cook Stovetop Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stovetop Stew
- Prepare 1 pound of mixed vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- You need 8 ounces of canned lima beans.
- Prepare 3 cubes of bouillon chicken.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 cup of matchstick carrots.
- Prepare 15 ounce of can of creamed corn.
- You need 1-1/4 cup of sweet peas.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of fire roasted peppers chopped.
- Prepare 2-1/2 cup of diced Colby jack cheddar cheese.
This Classic Homemade Beef Stew is an absolute favorite at our house. My mom used to make a big pot of homemade beef stew for us on the weekends as soon as the weather got cooler. It became one of our favorite cold weather foods – thick, hearty and the best comforting bowl of goodness. Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland uses a packaged pot roast dinner jazzed up with a few additional ingredients to give it that slow-cooked flavor. "You might think this is too good to be true, but believe it," writes Mitzi. "Serve it with a salad or veggie side dish and dinner rolls for a complete and delicious meal." Beef Stew (Stove-Top) Recipe by Zewbiedoo.
Stovetop Stew instructions
- Brown the beef with the chicken.
- Chop the mixed vegetables and add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Simmer covered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the cheese stir the cheese in remove from heat cover and set aside..
- After 10 minutes stir again and serve.
- I hope you enjoy!!.
This is a version of beef stew that I sort of combined several recipes from others to come up with. This Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew recipe is a deliciously easy classic beef stew recipe that slow cooks to perfection on the stove top and in the oven. It's comfort food at its finest and it's incredibly flavourful – perfect for a cold day! This Easy Stovetop Beef Stew is a dinner staple in our family. It involves little preparation and only a few steps to make it.