Pan-Seared White Fish.
You can have Pan-Seared White Fish using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan-Seared White Fish
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of White Fish Fillets (any firm white fish will do).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- It’s of Spice Mixture.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Dill.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Fennel Seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar.
Pan-Seared White Fish instructions
- To a spice grinder, add all spice mixture ingredients and grind until a powder forms..
- Dust the tops of each fillet evenly with the spice mixture and gently pat it into the flesh..
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add EVOO and butter (you will likely need to add a little more of each as it evaporates later on to prevent sticking)..
- Place two fillets at a time spice side down in the heated skillet. Sear for about two minutes on each side and remove. You may want to place them gently on a cooling rack to drain any excess oil (do not put on a paper towel, they will stick)..