Scottish Shortbread Cookies. Historically, Scottish shortbread only varied from traditional shortbread in that it was originally made with remnants of bread dough, oatmeal and yeast, resulting in a dry, biscuit-like cookie. Scottish Shortbread Cookies Recipe & Video. Scottish Shortbreads are made by hand using just one large bowl.
These simple classic shortbread cookies are made with butter, sugar, and flour. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. You can have Scottish Shortbread Cookies using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scottish Shortbread Cookies
- You need 5 sticks of butter, unsalted at room temperature.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 cups of flour.
Maybe even more perfect with chocolate. Add some chocolate chips or lemon zest Try making these easy, buttery shortbread biscuits for an afternoon activity with the kids. I'm a firm believer that shortbread cookies should be sinfully buttery and delectably tender. These cookies are called Shortbread because the term "short" is used to describe cookies and pastries.
Scottish Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in flour and salt. Dough will look crumbly..
- Pour entire bowl onto a cookie sheet. Spread out evenly over the entire sheet, pressing down, almost like making a crust. Should be about 1/2" high. Poke every 2 inches with a fork..
- Place in oven at 275 degrees F for an hour, until slightly golden brown..
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Cut into squares or diamonds. A pizza cutter works great..
Scottish Shortbread Cookies Recipe traditional recipe. Scottish shortbread was ALWAYS on the list of "to bake cookies." Along with chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, spritzer cookies. Shortbreads are one of the easiest and delicious shortbread biscuits. We can make this beautiful shortbreads with only a few basic ingredients. This Scottish Shortbread Cookie recipe has the traditional light and crunchy texture that we have come to expect from this traditional sweet treat.