Tomato Basil One Pot Pasta. ONE POT WONDER TOMATO BASIL PASTA. For an easy one-pot meal, try making this delicious pasta dinner. All of your ingredients—pasta, tomatoes, onions, and olive oil—cook together in one pan.
Cauchon explains why the recipe has been nothing short of revolutionary in her kitchen: "Instead of cooking your pasta and your sauce in separate pots, you cook them together at the. This is any busy mom's weeknight dinner perfection. If entertaining, serve with one of our easy green salad recipes for the complete dinner experience. You can have Tomato Basil One Pot Pasta using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil One Pot Pasta
- It’s 1 lb of dry fettuccine.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 large of onion, sliced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano leaves.
- Prepare 20 of basil leaves.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Place all of the ingredients except for the parmesan into a large pot. Lower the temperature to a medium/low heat and toss and stir continuously until the liquid reduces down into a thick sauce. serve with more fresh basil and top with parmesan.
Tomato Basil One Pot Pasta instructions
- Combine ingredients in a dutch oven or large pot over high heat..
- Cover and bring to a boil..
- Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes tossing pasta with tongs occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking..
- Liquid will be mostly absorbed when pasta is cooked..
How To Make One Pot Pasta. I am a huge pan of one pot recipes, meaning you cook the protein and the pasta in the same pot, and you don't need to drain any pasta water later. It makes life so much simpler and obviously doing dishes is a breeze with just one pot. Try our one-pot tomato and basil pasta recipe. Creamy, spicy, tomato basil pesto sauce made with summer tomatoes, basil pesto, and a touch of red enchilada sauce, then tossed with fettuccine pasta, creamy goat cheese, and melty fontina cheese.