no-nonsense egg nog. There is no need to fear raw eggs in eggnog. Brandy is the most traditional alcoholic add-in for eggnog. If you prefer, you could try a mix of dark rum and cognac.
I am an Egg Nog connoseur. I bought all four kinds of Egg Nog they had at Cub Foods and have developed opinions and biases about them. Eggnog is traditionally made uncooked, with raw eggs. You can have no-nonsense egg nog using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of no-nonsense egg nog
- It’s 1 box of sugar free instant vanilla pudding.
- Prepare 3 cup of light vanilla soymilk.
- It’s 1 of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of rum flavoring or rum.
- You need 6 tsp of Splenda.
Store bought eggnog is pasteurized for food safety reasons. Homemade Eggnog is EASY to make! Plus, it doesn't have all the fillers of the store-bought stuff. The eggnog base starts by beating egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy.
no-nonsense egg nog step by step
- combine the soy milk, Splenda and pudding either by beating by hand for 5 minutes or in a blender until smooth..
- add nutmeg and rum (or flavoring) to taste..
- Eggnog can be consumed immediately, however, it will begin to thicken over time. Additional splashes of soy milk can thin the mixture..
Then you slowly whisk in hot milk that's been infused with cloves and cinnamon, which tempers the eggs so they don't curdle. No-nonsense definition, not tolerating anything frivolous or trifling; firm and businesslike: a no-nonsense approach to money matters; a no-nonsense teacher with well-behaved. No-nonsense definition is – tolerating no nonsense : serious, businesslike. No Bake Egg Nog Cheesecake Recipe is a delicious and creamy no oven delight perfect for your holiday dessert tables, Easy & with Egg Nog Flavor! The essence of egg nog is captured in a rich, lightly spiced cake frosted with silky meringue buttercream.