Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Great recipe for Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy red meat dish originating from the Minangkabau people of Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighboring Southest Asian countries.
It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighboring Southest Asian countries. Easy Nasi Kuning (Yellow Rice) Recipe. Learn how to cook this indonesian rice dish cooked with coconut milk and turmeric. You can cook Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice
- Prepare of rendang :.
- It’s 1 kg of beef no fat.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 2 of lemongrass.
- Prepare 5 of lime leaves.
- You need 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (koya kelapa).
- You need 2 cm of galangal.
- It’s 8 of shallots.
- You need 10-15 of red chilies.
- It’s 5 of candlenuts.
- You need 5-6 of dry cloves.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s To taste of beef stock powder.
- Prepare 2 packets of Indofood Rendang paste.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Yellow Rice:.
- It’s 3 cups of rice.
- It’s 4 cups of mixed water and coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- It’s To taste of chicken stock powder.
Indonesian yellow rice is usually eaten during special events, served with Rendang and Ayam masak merah. Recipe for Nasi Kuning. ½ pounds Rice (washed thoroughly, until water runs clear). Water; ¾ tsp Turmeric This yellow rice or Indonesian calls 'Nasi Kuning' usually only serves for festive occasion and shaped into a cone with different sidedish. But since I live in Slovenia, I don't wait for special day to make it.
Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice instructions
- Cut beef into bite sized cubes.
- Boil chilies, shallots,garlics about 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside.
- Smash galangal and lemongrass.
- Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden brown and then when it cold down blend it..
- When all are ready, pan fry beef untill golden brown and remove from the pan. Next step, Fry all ingredients untill fragrant and put in beef, stir and mix well, add coconut milk and some water,palm sugar, koya or desiccated coconut, and bring it to boil. Cover pan and turn into small fire, cook about 2,5 hours, during the process stir it somtime so that not sticky on the pan. add beef stock powder and taste it,, and Rendang is ready to serve.
- How to make yellow rice ? Use rice cooker is easier and faster, first wash 3 cups of rice, count water and coconut into 4 cups, smash lemongrass.
- Put rice in rice cooker add water and coconut, lemongrass, turmeric, bay leaves and chicken powder. Mix well. Turn on rice cooker and press cooking. 10 minut before it done, mix the rice again so that all colour and ingredients are mix well. Wait untill cooking process is done..
- When all have done, serve Rendang and Yellow rice,, and it is amazing, hope you enjoy to cook and love this food, :).
Eventhough takes time for me to cook different side dishes. I love it and my husband always has a big smile everytime I make this for the lunch =^_^= Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice Rendang is an Indonesian spicy red meat dish originating from the Minangkabau people of Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighboring Southest Asian countries. It is often eaten in Indonesia during festivals; anniversaries, weddings, birthdays or a holy party of any kind. The rice is flavored with santen (coconut cream), kunjit (turmeric), salam, pandan, jeruk purut, lemongrass and salt.