Simple pilau. This easy pilau rice is a perfect example. What sort of rice should I use to make Easy Pilau Rice? I always order it when we get an Indian takeaway or supermarket ready-made curry (yes I do like a break from cooking, occasionally!) Pilau is a specialty along the Swahili Coast in which Rice is flavored with spices and cooked in a well seasoned broth of Meat, Poultry or Fish.
Don't forget to pick out the cloves and cardamom pods as you eat! This classic Pilau rice recipe is a simple and delicious recipe that you'll want to make time and time again This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. Sign in or create a My Good Food account to upload your own recipe creations. You can have Simple pilau using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple pilau
- It’s 25 g of Whole spice pilau mix (consisting of black pepper seeds, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and Cumin seeds).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 bunch of dhania.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped green capsicum.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped red capsicum.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped yellow capsicum.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced grilled beef.
- It’s 2 cups of long grain rice.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped potatoes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Clean water.
This is a perfect side dish for chicken, beef, or vegetable entrees, and can be mixed with meat or creamy sauces. Traditional pilau includes plenty of spices to give the rice a bold flavor. Beef Pilau Rice is a rich and flavorful one-pot rice dish that is the perfect weeknight dinner. This Classic pilau rice recipe is a hit at parties, BBQs and with adults and kids alike.
Simple pilau step by step
- Take the pilau masala ingredients, remove the cardamom seeds from their pods and put them all in a pan and toss over heat for a minute, Remove from the pan grind them to a powder..
- Place the beef pieces in sufuria and add oil. Let heat up and then put your onions and stir..
- Add in your crushed pilau mix ingradients and ginger garlic paste, stir. Add in the potatoes..
- Put the diced tomatoes and add salt to taste. Cover the sufuria using a lid and let it simmer. When the tomatoes have well cooked,add in the tomato paste..
- When the mixture boils, add your well washed rice and stir until the rice is coated with the paste mix..
- Pour in the water then cover using a lid and simmer until the all the liquid is absorbed. remove from heat..
- Add in the capsicum and the dhania. give a good mix. cover for 5 more minutes..
- Serve and enjoy….
It comes together easily and is the perfect main for summer parties and get-togethers. Make the pilau masala: In a medium bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, cardamom, black pepper, and cloves. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, serrano chile, pilau masala, beef stock cubes, cinnamon stick, and cilantro. Probably one of the nicest rice dishes you will ever taste, it can be had as a main meal because its that full of flavour!