Brussel Sprout Chips. In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with oil, Parmesan, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer on a medium baking sheet. Brussels sprouts chips take a bit more work to prep than kale chips, but the result is crunchy and delicious and rivals potato chips any day of the week.
I am convinced that these Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips can bring over even the haters. Hint: If you already LOVE Brussels Sprouts, I give you some more recipe ideas at the end of this post. If you like kale chips you're going to love these Brussels sprout chips. You can cook Brussel Sprout Chips using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brussel Sprout Chips
- You need 1 lb of Brussel Sprouts.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Melted ghee.
- You need 1 of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 of Lemon zest (optional).
But don't throw out the sprout innards–they're great for roasting as a side for dinner. How to make brussel sprout chips. After you have cut the ends off your sprouts and removed any outer leaves, it's time to slice them up. Cruciferous Brussels sprouts support the body's detox, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory systems — three systems closely associated with cancer prevention.
Brussel Sprout Chips instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash Brussel sprouts.
- Peel outer leaves off of the Brussel sprouts and place in large bowl.
- Put ghee in a small saucepan. Heat on low. Stir until melted..
- Mix melted ghee into the bowl of Brussel sprout leaves. Add sea salt. Mix and stir thoroughly..
- Line the Brussel sprout leaves a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide leaves evenly in a single layer..
- Bake for 8-10 mins or until crispy and brown on the edges..
- Add some lemon zest and extra salt over the chips (optional).
- Eat while warm. Doesn't save well..
Pros : Nutrient-dense, high-fiber, low-calorie, gluten-free, Paleo, vegan, very low on the Glycemic Index, no saturated fat or cholesterol. Whenever I prepare my sprouts for roasting, I cut the stems off right at the base of the baby cabbages and pull off the outer leaves. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page. Brussel sprout leaves turn into crispy chips when baked in the oven.