Pork Belly Asian Style. Amazing flavor and intense marbling so you eat less than conventional beef. Used by the best chefs in the world. Affordable luxury perfect for the holidays.
Serve it over rice for the ultimate dinner and forget you ever wanted to order take-out. The best crackling in the world with juicy seasoned flesh, no one does crispy pork belly like the Chinese. And this is how they make it. (It's easy!)Chinese Crispy Pork Belly recipe. You can cook Pork Belly Asian Style using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Belly Asian Style
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of Pork Belly.
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 20 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Gochujang.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
In my humble opinion, the Chinese are the undisputed king of two things: crispy duck and crispy pork belly. Braised pork belly or Dong Po Rou (东坡肉) is an iconic traditional Chinese braised pork belly recipe of Hangzhou (杭州), created by Su Dong Po, a famous scholar, writer, poet, calligrapher, gastronome, and court official of the Song dynasty. Over the centuries, this dish has become very popular, and once you taste it, you'll know why! Chinese pork belly dishes are some of the most favored ad authentic dishes found their way from China to western countries.
Pork Belly Asian Style instructions
- Cut pork belly in about 3/4 inch strips..
- I mixed all the marinade ingredients, used a stock blender to chop and mix the ingredients. It was still a little chunky, not a total puree..
- In a bowl mix the pork belly strips and the marinade..
- Let sit 3 hours or overnight..
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layout the pork belly strips on a cookie sheet. Place on a middle rack. Note – picture is of a single serving, not the whole recipe..
- Cook 15 minutes, flip all strips over, bake an additional 15 minutes..
- Serve immediately..
After one (okay, more like four) tests and adjustments, you can bring a deliciously sticky Chinese pork recipe into your kitchens! You can use lean pork belly (or spare) ribs for a succulent, unforgettable experience; pork shoulder or any pork fillet you like. I'm not going to tell you what to do, except cook it using pork belly. Remove from the oven and place on a counter top, or cooling rack to cool. Rub pork rind with oil and then rub in the salt.