Beetroot hummus crostini. Drizzle the beet with olive oil and then wrap the beet and garlic together in foil. Process chickpeas, beet, olive oil, mint, garlic, lemon juice, ground cumin, and salt in a food processor until smooth. The beet hummus can be made days in advance, and the caramelized onions can be prepared a day ahead of time.
If you have leftover hummus after making these summer appetizers, use it in a chickpea shawarma wrap or an easy veggie wrap. I made these using two types of hummus: a simple garlic hummus and beautiful pink beet hummus. You can get creative will all sorts of hummus varieties. You can have Beetroot hummus crostini using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beetroot hummus crostini
- It’s 200 grams of soaked chickpeas.
- You need 1 of boiled beetroot.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare Some of bread slices.
- It’s For of toppings:.
- It’s As required of Pumpkin seeds.
- It’s As required of Pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare As required of Greek yogurt.
You may be able to find fun varieties in stores (I found this beet hummus from Ithaca Cold-Crafted ), but you can also make your own by blending colorful elements into plain hummus. You're going to be dipping everything into this creamy, beautiful and vibrant beetroot hummus! The beetroot and the chickpeas provide richness, texture, and a bit of sweetness, while cumin adds its aromatic warmth. Remove the packet from the oven and allow the beets and garlic to cool.
Beetroot hummus crostini step by step
- In a blender, add boiled chickpeas, salt, boiled beetroot, olive oil and lemon juice. Blend together till fine..
- Beetroot hummus is ready. Keep it aside..
- Cut slices of bread and spread some butter on top..
- Toast the slices of bread in oven, till golden and crisp. Let the toasts cool down for 5 mins..
- Spread the beetroot hummus over the toasts. Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve..
Add all the ingredients except the oil to a food processor. Assemble crostini with the hummus, roasted grapes, sprinkles of feta, and thyme leaves. Assemble crostini with the hummus, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Assemble crostini with the hummus and prime with cucumber ribbons.