One pot 20 minute orzo chicken vegetables. Tastes just like risotto…. except it's far quicker to make! Also known as Orzo, this risoni recipe comes with juicy chicken, a creamy parmesan sauce and plenty of hidden vegetables. Switch out the peas for broccoli or asparagus for a new dish every time!
Add fresh lemon juice and chopped parsley for flavor. And the orzo (do not wash the orzo!). Pour in diced tomatoes and chicken or vegetable stock. You can cook One pot 20 minute orzo chicken vegetables using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One pot 20 minute orzo chicken vegetables
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of orzo.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of spinach handfuls.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 3 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded parmesian.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of salt / pepper.
Add dried oregano, chili flakes, salt and black pepper. Cover the casserole and transfer it into the oven. One Pot Orzo Primavera is full of green vegetables and a beautiful sauce with a kiss of cream and a hint of garlic and lemon! All cooked in the one pan!
One pot 20 minute orzo chicken vegetables instructions
- This meal should take less than 20 minutes. Just be organized and chopping while ingredients are cooking.
- Get a pot with a lid and heat it at medium high heat. Add garlic. While thats cooking chop onions. Add onions. Then start chopping bell pepper and carrots. Add both. Then add chopped chicken. This process should take no more than 5 minutes. Make sure your stirring occasionally..
- Cook chicken for about 2 to 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add milk, chicken broth, orzo and flour. Put lid on and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Stirring every couple of minutes..
- Add spinach, frozen peas, and parmesian. Stir . Put lid back on and cook to desired consistency. Probably a couple minutes. Make sure you stir so it mixes the cheese up. It should imulate risotto but with more sauce ..
- Looks like soup but once its plated it thickens as it cools ..
This One Pot pasta has it ALL! Asparagus, broccoli, peas, grape tomatoes, garlic, lemon, pasta, and parmesan cheese. Plus: only one pot to wash up! Pour in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. One pot and skillet dinners are my favorite way to cook.