Open Face Taco Sandwich. Place slice of red onion on top of taco halves. Add some shredded Mexican cheese on top of halves. My favorite turkey salad made with cranberries and celery is even better when served open-faced with melted cheese!
Lighten up your lunch by taking out one slice of bread and serving up some yummy open-faced sandwiches. From steak and aged provolone on garlic toast to tandoori spiced chicken and tomato jam on naan, these piled-high tartines are as beautiful as they are delicious. They are simple to make and so tasty. You can have Open Face Taco Sandwich using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Open Face Taco Sandwich
- Prepare of Rolls from your bakery.
- It’s 1 of large pack ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small can green Chiles.
- It’s of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- It’s 1 pack of Taco seasoning mix.
- It’s of Water as required on package of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 of red onion, sliced.
- You need 8 ounce of bag Mexican shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 bag of lettuce.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s of Guacamole.
- You need of Salsa.
Avocado and egg open faced English muffin. When I have it, I may throw some spinach leaves on it as well. An open sandwich is a slice of fresh bread, with different spreads, butter, liver pâté, cheese spreads, cold cuts such as roast beef, turkey, ham, bacon, salami, beef tongue, mortadella, head cheese or sausages like beerwurst or kabanos, and vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, radish, scallion and cucumber. Open sandwiches like this are consumed in France, Belgium, Denmark, Norway.
Open Face Taco Sandwich instructions
- In a large pot brown your ground beef, drain off any fat…..
- Add your chopped green pepper, can of green chiles and garlic to ground beef, sauté until veggies are tender…..
- Next add your taco seasoning and required amount of water, cook and stir until thickened….Remove from heat when cooked thru….Then add your can of refried beans to cooked taco mixture, mix all well…..
- Take your bakery rolls and slice them in half, then place them on a large baking sheet, cut sides up……
- Place bread halves in oven under broiler to lightly toast them…..
- Spoon taco mix onto each half of rolls…..
- Place slice of red onion on top of taco halves…..
- Add some shredded Mexican cheese on top of halves….
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes or until cheese fully melts……
- Top each halve with sliced tomatoes and lettuce……
- Serve each halve with a dollop of guacamole, then add some salsa to the side…..Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Open Faced Turkey & Gravy Sandwich Make a hot open faced sandwich with your leftover shredded turkey for a taste of Thanksgiving anytime! Smothered with gravy and piled atop mashed potatoes, this is rich and tender comfort food at its finest. While the name says a lot, it doesn't tell the whole story. Simply put, chef Lene Houck creates amazing open face sandwiches using fresh, seasonal ingredients in modern, inventive pairings. Lene and her husband Mark hope that their neighbors and friends will enjoy both the food she's.