You can have Mustard Fish using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mustard Fish
- It’s 500 grams of River fish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Black mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of nigella seeds.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 8 piece of Green chillies.
Mustard Fish step by step
- Marinate fish pieces with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and a little salt and keep it aside..
- Grind together 2 tablespoon black mustard seeds, 5 green chillies and salt with a little water till you get a smooth paste and keep it aside..
- Heat 5 tablespoon mustard oil in a frying pan till smoking point and add the fish..
- Fry the pieces of fish, few at a time till both sides are just done. Drain the oil and keep aside..
- To the remaining oil add nigella seeds and the three green chillies slit halfway. When the seeds splutter, add the ground paste. Fry for a minute, then add 1 cup of water and mix. When the gravy boils add the fish pieces to it and cook, covered ,for a minute or two till the gravy thickens and the fish is cooked through..
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with plain boiled white rice..