Gluten free Fortune cookies. Think: drops of water bounce when dropped on the surface. Beat egg until frothy then add in sugar, a little at a time. Very quickly fold in half, and then pinch together over the sides of a glass cup (see photos above).
Fortune cookies are a fun part of eating at a Chinese restaurant. You can see what your 'fortune' is. Now gluten free people can have them too! You can have Gluten free Fortune cookies using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gluten free Fortune cookies
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter, softened.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg white.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose gluten free flour.
Make your fortunes ahead of time. Come up with something witty, or make it fit into an event or occasion. Gluten Free Good Fortune Cookies Recipe. According to Chinese culture, Almond Cookies symbolize coins and are sure to bring you good fortune.
Gluten free Fortune cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Write fortunes on small strips of paper (3-1/2×1/4-in.); set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw two 3-1/2-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside..
- In a small bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla. Add gluten free flour; mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Slide parchment paper onto a work surface. Cover one cookie with a kitchen towel. Place a fortune in the center of the other cookie; loosen cookie from parchment paper with a thin spatula. Fold cookie in half over fortune strip so the edges meet; hold edges together for 3 seconds..
- Place center of cookie over the rim of a glass; gently press ends down to bend cookie in middle. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Repeat with second cookie. If cookies become too cool to fold, return to oven to soften for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter and fortunes..
FORTUNE may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Place fortune paper on cookie as soon as it is removed from the griddle. Folding is easier to do than to describe, but the end result is shaped like a horseshoe. Gluten free cookies last about a day on the counter in an air tight container. Fill these Homemade Fortune Cookies with your own personal fortunes for a fun and delicious crafty treat!