One-Pot Red Beans & Rice. This is an easy, one-pot version of the famous New Orleans dish. Add the onion, green pepper, and celery. Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice – Thanks to the pressure cooker, everyone's favorite New Orleans dish can be made in no time!
The Instant Pot is a bean's best friend! Cook your red beans super fast with no hands-on attention required (after a quick sauté) and no soaking. One Pot Red Beans and Rice is an easy and affordable one pot dish that the entire family will love. You can have One-Pot Red Beans & Rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One-Pot Red Beans & Rice
- Prepare 1 lb of Dry Small Red Beans.
- It’s 6 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Long Grain Rice.
- Prepare 2 large of Celery Stalks (halved).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Seasoned Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Chipotle Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
How to Cook the Best Kidney Beans. This will cause the beans to absorb moisture and increase in size, and in turn will make the beans cook faster. The week's most popular dishes include Tejal Rao's Punjabi-style red beans with cream or mozzarella (above), Samin Nosrat's big lasagna and Melissa Clark's rhubarb custard bars. Red Beans: We're using Red Kidney Beans in this recipe.
One-Pot Red Beans & Rice step by step
- In a large saucepan, add beans, celery, spices, and water. Cook uncovered over medium-low heat for 75 minutes or until half of the liquid has evaporated..
- Remove the celery stock halves from the pot and discard..
- To the beans and remaining liquid, add rice and olive oil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until remaining liquid has absorbed..
- Serve as a side or as a meal in itself..
Smoked Pork Hock & Andouille Sausage: The quality & taste of your Smoked Pork Hock & Andouille sausage will affect the flavors they impart to the final dish. So try to use high quality ones when possible. Rinse the kidney beans thoroughly under water. Add the kidney beans, sausage, garlic, celery, onion, bell pepper, Creole seasoning, hot sauce, dried thyme, bay leaves and chicken stock to the bowl of a large slow cooker. Cajun food makes for delicious, comforting, and flavorful dinners, and that's why One-Pot Red Beans and Rice is perfect for you.