Vegan Arepas. Split the arepas in half with a serrated knife. Spread the mashed avocado, add some plantain slices, some black beans and finally, some chopped red onion. Repeat with all the remaining arepas.
As Venezuela and I would like to clarify few things. First, the flour that we used to make arepas is called " Harina Pan" no areparina. Sear the arepas in a lightly oiled cast iron or non stick skillet over a medium-hot heat. You can cook Vegan Arepas using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Arepas
- You need 1 cup of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of water or almond milk.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Chia.
- It’s 1 of avocado.
If the arepas are browning too quickly, lower the heat down a bit. When all the arepas are ready, let them cool just a little bit, then slice them lenghwise and stuff them with mushroom and avocado salad. Arepas are so versatile you can eat them with all your favorite food! Feel free to stuff them with black beans, red onion, homemade guacamole, vegan sour cream, or any ingredients you feel like eating.
Vegan Arepas instructions
- Put the cup of flour and the salt in a bowl and mix it.
- Add the chia.
- Put the cup of water or almond milk.
- Mix everything.
- With your hands, take a little of the mixture, make a ball and then push it to create the circumference form.
- Put a pan with a little of oil in medium and put your arepas.
- When they are toasted you can turn them to cook them for the other side.
- Serve the arepas and add the slices of avocado that you want.
- I also added fried corn but is optional.
Can I freeze the arepas dough? Although they are best when fresh, you can freeze the arepas dough to save some time. A tasty snack or satisfying vegan meal! Learn how to make arepas, delicious cornmeal pockets filled with favorite vegan dishes such as jackfruit carnitas, scrambled tofu, black beans, guacamole, fried plantains are an indulgent and hearty treat that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Arepas can be filled with so many different things.