Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb).
You can cook Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb)
- It’s 1 package of chicken tenders (about 8 or so).
- It’s 4 cups of crushed pork rinds.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, scrambled.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil, your choice *see note in recipe regarding amount.
Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb) step by step
- Add salt and pepper to chicken.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Place pork rinds in a ziplock bag and crush using either a rolling pin or bottom of sautee pan until you get the consistency of bread crumbs. You can also place in a food processor. I used BBQ flavored pork rinds for this recipe. Pour crumbs in a bowl for dredging..
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. One at a time, add chicken tender to egg mix, then with other hand place into pork rind mix. Press crumbs into chicken and make sure to throughly coat both sides. Place on a plate and repeat process. You can place in refrigerator until ready to cook. Dont let it sit too long. If you wait longer than 15 minutes the pork rinds might absorb too much moisture. We want crispy tenders!.
- Add oil to a large sautee pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may need more or less than 1/2 cup. *I put enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. This is a pan fry, not a deep fry method. I like avocado oil or vegetable oil. Anything with a high smoke point. Heat oil on medium to high heat. When oil is heated after a few minutes, add chicken to sautee pan. Make sure to not over crowd chicken. You may need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your pan..
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side. Remove from pan onto either a wire rack or a plate covered in paper towel. Serve immediately to maintain the crunchy texture. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and side dishes..
- You can season chicken with whatever spices you like such as oregano, paprika, turmeric, ranch powder mix, etc. You can also buy different flavored pork rinds these days. No need to add salt to the pork rinds, but definitely season your chicken so all layers are flavorful. Hope you enjoy!.