Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Hidden Veggie meatloaf is sure to impress a finicky toddler, and you'll be glad that they are eating it as well, because of all the nutritious ingredients that are lurking inside. Nothing says comfort food like an oven-baked Healthy Meatloaf Recipe and mashed potatoes.
I use mine for almost every meal, in fact it's my top choice kitchen electrical that I'd take to my desert island. This veggie meatloaf is a delicious alternative to ground beef or turkey. Home » Hidden Veggie Mini Meatloaf. You can have Hidden Veggie Meatloaf using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hidden Veggie Meatloaf
- You need 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 of rib of celery, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 12-15 of baby carrots (or 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped).
- You need 1 can of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Incorporate your veggies into your meatloaf for an all-in-one meal using vegetables. We gave classic barbecue chicken pizza a healthy twist with hidden shredded zucchini in the sauce. Roasted beets make this healthy dip extra flavorful. Serve with veggie chips, pita chips or crudités.
Hidden Veggie Meatloaf instructions
- Place celery, bell pepper, carrots, tomato sauce and water in a blender. Blend into a chunky puree. You want to still have some texture to the veggies, but you don't want them detectable in your meatloaf..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine the meats, veggie puree, breadcrumbs, eggs, and all seasonings. Mix with clean hands until all ingredients are thoroughly combined..
- Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish or foil lined baking sheet then mold into short, wide rectangular loaf (I go for about 4"wide by 8" long)..
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Top with a thin layer of ketchup. Return to oven and bake an additional.30-35 minutes, or until cooked through..