Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta. Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta.. Deglaze the pan with the wine, and add parsley, basil and thyme and let the liquid reduce by. Pan Seared Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce are cooked perfectly, then served up on a bed of that dreamy bacon-packed sauce… If you are looking to impress anyone with your skills in the kitchen, this is the one dish that'll steal their hearts every single time.
The sauce is a wonderful mixture of white wine, cream, onions, and bacon. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can cook Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta
- It’s 4 slices of bacon, — cooked over medium heat, then diced,save the fat.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of each shallot — finely chopped.
- It’s 4 ounces of shiitake mushroom — stemmed, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of tarragon.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of black pepper.
- You need 2 ounces of sherry.
- You need 1 cup of shrimp stock or clam juice.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 8 ounces of 16-20 shrimp, peeled deveined (most any size shrimp will work).
- You need 8 ounces of scallop, large.
- Prepare 12 ounces of dry pasta, cook per directions on the package.
Pat the shrimp and scallops dry, then season with salt and pepper. I love it over pasta or by itself with crusty French bread to dip in the cream sauce… so cozy! Tips for perfect shrimp and scallops in this recipe: Rinse shrimp and scallops, pat dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper on both sides before cooking. Since shrimp and sea scallops have different cooking times, I cooked them.
Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta step by step
- In a large sauce pot cook the bacon do not burn. Save the fat Sauté the shallots and garlic and mushrooms and lightly season with salt and pepper until a light golden-brown color..
- Add the tarragon.
- Deglaze with the sherry and shrimp stock. Let the liquid reduce by half then add the heavy cream and reduce until it starts to thicken and coat the back of a spoon..
- Then add the seafood and bacon then let simmer 4-5 minutes until seafood is cooked..
- Adjust the seasoning as needed..
Over low heat, let the sauce reduce to medium thickness. Then use the same pan to saute shrimp just until pink, and remove to the utility platter. Lighten the recipe up a bit with half-and-half or light cream instead of heavy cream. A dash of nutmeg adds flavor to seafood cream sauce. Shrimp will only take a few minutes to cook, so add in just as you are heating the cream.