Aloo gobi curry. Serve aloo gobi masala with rotis, parathas or naan. You can also serve it with steamed basmati rice or cumin rice or saffron rice. Aloo Gobhi is our go-to weeknight cauliflower curry with potatoes, onions, tomatoes and some of our I have started making aloo gobi in my Instant Pot and I am amazed to see how perfectly tender.
It can also be clubbed in lentils, gravies, pastas, mashed cauliflower, soups etc. Home > Recipes > Curry > Aloo gobi (potato and cauliflower curry). This vegetarian Indian potato and cauliflower curry is a brilliant meal to make on the cheap. You can cook Aloo gobi curry using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aloo gobi curry
- Prepare 1 of whole gobi.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- It’s 3 tsp of roasted gram.
- Prepare 10 of cashews.
- You need 0.5 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 stick of cinnamon.
- You need 5-6 of cardamom seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery/sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 5 of ginger pieces small.
- Prepare of Jeera/ cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
Aloo Gobi is a very classic Indian dish of potatoes and cauliflower. If you're looking for even more easy Indian dishes, this Chicken Curry will be your go-to. This Punjabi potato and cauliflower curry is now a prized dish across India and Pakistan. But for the best texture, should the potatoes be waxy or floury?
Aloo gobi curry instructions
- In a pan take 2 tsp oil. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and ginger. sauté for awhile until onions turn golden brown. Now add cashews and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes..
- Cool it and blend the ingredients in mixer with roasted gram and 3 tbsp raw rice seeds. (This is to give thickness).
- Now in a pan take oil and sauté with jeera, bay leaf and cinnamon stick..
- Further add chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and sauté in low flame for around a minute. This is to give a bright colour to the gravy. Now mix the onion and tomato paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Also add coriander powder, salt and sugar..
- Further add potatoes and a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Now add gobi to the same mixture and boil it for another 15 minutes until gobi is cooked well. Add Yogurt. Add water if required..
- Now add crushed kasuri methi and coriander leaves and serve it hot with roti..
And which spices bring out its comforting warmth? Aloo Gobi Curry is an ideal main dish recipe which is made using a melange of spices like bay leaf, asafoetida, cumin powder and coriander powder. Quite simply it is a simple potato and cauliflower curry. It should sing with bright spicing and feature perfectly cooked potatoes and cauliflower! Aloo Gobi, potatoes and cauliflower, is a traditional Northern Indian Punjabi dry curry dish that is very popular across the entire Indian sub continent.