Special Fried Rice (Chinese). I am always trying to raise the bar on fried rice recipes. This one reminds me of some Vietnamese versions and has a hint of sweetness both from the lup cheong and the ketjap manis. With char siu it will taste more distinctively Chinese.
You can also use any left over rice to prepare fried rice. Everything will come out perfectly in minutes. Now grab a plate and try our special fried rice with your favorite non-veg as the side. You can cook Special Fried Rice (Chinese) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Special Fried Rice (Chinese)
- You need of Special Fried Rice.
- You need of Peanut or EVO Oil.
- It’s 1 of Ham Steak – Diced (100g).
- It’s 1 Cup of Peas, Corn & Carrot (Mixed Veg Frozen).
- You need 2 cups of Chilled cooked Rice – Basmarti or Jasmine.
- It’s 1.5 Tbls of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 Cup of Snow Peas (cut into 3/4inch squares).
- It’s Half of Cup Bean Sprouts (string removed).
- You need Half of Cup Spring Onions (Chopped +save sprinkle for serving deco).
- It’s 3 of Eggs (wisked +salt & pepper).
- You need Pinch of Salt for taste.
Pour beaten egg into wok, stirring constantly. It is basically a fully loaded egg fried rice and when I say fully loaded I mean it has everything in it, seafood AND meat AND vegetables. Chinese-American fried rice- tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce are used to render a whole new flavor. Thai fried rice- uses fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
Special Fried Rice (Chinese) step by step
- Add oil & heat frypan/wok on High – Wisk Eggs & add Salt & Pepper for taste. Pour egg into Hot frypan/wok and tilt egg mix until bottom of frypan/wok is covered. Flipping in sides of omlett until egg is fully cooked but not dried out. Remove from pan, slice omlett into strips & set aside..
- Add oil & heat frypan/wok on high. Add diced ham stir & fry for a minute, add mixed vegies & sweat down. Add in chilled pre-cooked rice and mix. Add the Soy Sauce, stir thoroughly. Add Snow Peas, Sprouts & heat until cooked through. Add Egg & Shallots in the last minutes, mix through & serve hot..
- Cooked Prawns, Chinese Pork or Chicken slices can be added and mixed through the rice in the last minutes of the cook also..
Japanese fried rice- Mirin (sweet Japanese cooking wine), Japanese soy sauce. Indonesian nasi goreng- sambal (Indonesian chili paste) This Chinese special fried rice recipe makes use of that leftover steamed rice you have in the fridge and that wonderful char siu pork you cooked yesterday. Fantastic and filling, it's my go-to recipe when I'm looking for an easy one pot dish to make. There always seems to be plenty of leftover steamed rice in Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.