One Pot Chili Mac. This delicious chili mac and cheese with ground beef, diced tomatoes, rich tomato sauce, chili beans and spices is cooked all in one pot–including the macaroni! This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is two great comfort foods all in one! This dish is perfect in many ways.
Chili Mac and Cheese is completely made in one pot. Start the usual way – sautéing garlic and onion to create the flavour base – add the beef, the spices and everything else. I love a cosy one-pot pasta like Chili Mac. You can cook One Pot Chili Mac using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One Pot Chili Mac
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, finely diced.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (16 oz.) of kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika.
- You need dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of elbow pasta (or other small pasta shape).
- You need 4 oz. of diced American cheese.
Ingredients for One Pot Chili Mac Recipe: Ground Beef: This makes your recipe into a hearty meal along with the beans.; Elbow Pasta Noodles: The Macaroni part of the Chili Mac!; Beans: You can't have Chili Mac and Cheese without Beans! I use red kidney beans and black beans. Seasoning: Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Ground Pepper; Aromatics: Onion and Garlic combine to elevate your Chili Mac to. One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac recipe is so easy and protein packed!
One Pot Chili Mac instructions
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Add the ground beef. Continue to cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the meat is cooked through. Drain excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and the multiple seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high and add the broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the pasta. Decrease heat and let it simmer, stirring often, until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has greatly reduced, about 10-14 minutes. After about 8 minutes, stir in the American cheese so that it melts through while the pasta finishes cooking. Once it's done, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit 5-10 minutes, then serve it up with your favorite chili toppings..
Made with taco seasoning, beans, and pasta shells topped with cheese is a favorite in my home! Bonus points for dirtying only one pot! It's Chili Con Carne + Macaroni and Cheese = comforting new family favorite that can't be beat in taste, comfort or convenience! Blending the best of both worlds, chili mac combines the smoky and spicy flavor of chili with the rich and creamy texture of mac & cheese. It's an all-American camping classic and using this recipe, you can make it using just a single pot!