One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice is an easy ground beef dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
Love easy one pot dishes, especially with Mexican flavors! Do not pre-cook the rice: That's right, the rice can go in uncooked! If you pre-cook it, the entire dish will turn into soup. You can cook One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s of Optional Toppings :.
- It’s of ·Sour Cream.
- You need of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- You need of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- It’s of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- It’s of ·Diced Avacado.
- It’s of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Prepare of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
So, don't 😉 Don't skip the browning step: I know it can be tempting to skip this step to save time, but you'll miss out on a lot of flavor if you don't brown the meat and onions. Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Recipe. I want to be relaxing on the couch after dinner not doing endless dinner dishes. This skillet Mexican ground beef casserole recipe is easy, hearty, and packed with flavor and texture from the taco-seasoned ground beef, sautéed onions, salsa, tomatoes, corn, rice, cilantro, and cheese.
One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice step by step
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
Comfort food at its Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, corn kernels, rice and beef broth, stir until combined. Bring to a small boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. In a Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are. Great recipe for One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice.