Easy One Pan Italian Dressing Roast Chicken + Fresh Tomato Sauce. Great recipe for Easy One Pan Italian Dressing Roast Chicken + Fresh Tomato Sauce. While this isn't the quickest chicken recipe ever, it is super easy, family-friendly, and rustically elegant enough to serve to guests. By roasting the chicken atop fresh tomatoes, you get a lot of moist, juicy.
A few of our favorite chicken breast recipes are this simple Chicken Breasts with Easy Mushroom Pan Sauce. or this Seared Chicken in Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce that you mix up in a blender using store bought jarred roasted red peppers! Quick one-skillet dinner with pan seared chicken breasts! Mash butter, garlic, marjoram, and paprika in a small bowl to blend. You can cook Easy One Pan Italian Dressing Roast Chicken + Fresh Tomato Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy One Pan Italian Dressing Roast Chicken + Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Prepare of For the chicken:.
- It’s 3 of lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsthighs, ea piece scored twice on the skin side, down to the bone, about 2"long & 1" apart.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Italian dressing (well shaken) + 1 teaspoon garlic salt mixed in a small bowl.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated dry cheese (like Parmesan, Asiago, Manchego, etc…).
- Prepare of For the fresh tomato sauce:.
- Prepare 2 of baskets grape or cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups).
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried Italian herbs OR 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (if needed to round out the acid in the dressing).
Season marjoram butter to taste with salt and pepper. I posted a sneak peek of it to my Instagram story last week and immediately received a flurry of messages requesting the recipe. You must adore fresh tomatoes and easy skillet meals as much as I do. I knew we were virtual friends for a reason!
Easy One Pan Italian Dressing Roast Chicken + Fresh Tomato Sauce step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and dressing mixture and toss gently several times to coat the chicken thoroughly. Take some of the run off dressing mixture and work it into each score. Let the chicken sit while you're preparing the tomato sauce components..
- In your roasting vessel, add all the tomato sauce components and give them a few good stirs to evenly distribute all the ingredients and seasonings..
- Lay your chicken skin side up atop the tomato mixture, leaving a little space between the pieces. Make sure to put any leftover marinade into the pan, too..
- Pop the pan into the middle rack of the oven, turn it up to 425F, set the timer for 60 minutes, and sometime in the next 60 minutes, boil whatever pasta you'd like to have with your tomato sauce, drain, toss it with a teaspoon or so of olive oil so it won't stick, and set it aside. I'm a big fan of the cold, shallow water method..
- After 60 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese in equal portions atop the chicken pieces, and put it back on the top rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (Check at the 10 minute mark to see if it's done to your liking or if it could use just a few more minutes in the oven.).
- I like to put the chicken on its own platter and serve the pasta on the side and just spoon the tomato sauce, broth and all, over the pasta..
- Enjoy! :).
For Jack, an Italian Tomato Sauce is a tomato-based sauce that simmers for a long time on the stove so that the flavors really deepen and develop. (This recipe is a delicious example!) A Sunday Gravy recipe is a tomato sauce cooked along with a variety of meats including meatballs, spare ribs, sausage, and pork chops, so the sauce picks up. Serve alongside a salad or over pasta. A simple dish can taste so good. This One Pan Baked Italian Chicken & Tomatoes is one of my family's favorite meals. My kids and husband love it because it tastes SO delicious, and I love it because it's so darn easy to make!