Nacho Stuffed Shells. Place filled shells in prepared baking dish, top with remaining sauce. Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream (optional). If you're looking for alternate to the shredded cheese or to mix things up a little you can absolutely make the taco stuffed shells with velveeta or nacho cheese as well.
Place stuffed shells on top of sauce, and top with remaining. Taco stuffed pasta shells are a great twist on classic stuffed shells! Jumbo pasta shells are filled with a creamy seasoned beef & vegetable mixture and topped with cheese. You can have Nacho Stuffed Shells using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nacho Stuffed Shells
- You need of jumbo shells.
- You need of can tomato puree.
- It’s of fat free salsa.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of reduced sodium taco seasoning.
- You need of water.
- You need of reduced fat cream cheese spread.
- You need of reduced fat refried beans.
- You need of diced green chiles.
- Prepare of reduced fat mexican shredded cheese.
- Prepare of ground turkey.
All you need to add to this delicious taco inspired casserole is a simple tossed salad, or some roasted broccoli! Yes, you read that right: taco-stuffed pasta shells! You no longer have to choose between Italian or Mexican food for dinner—this dish has it all. Made with only seven ingredients in less than an hour, these stuffed taco shells are the perfect recipe for busy weeknights when you still want to put a flavorful, family-friendly dinner on the table.
Nacho Stuffed Shells step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, stir together tomato puree, salsa and garlic powder. Spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Reserve remaining sauce..
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain..
- Cook turkey in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, breaking pieces up until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning, water and cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese is melted; simmer until thickened. Stir in refried beans and green chilies..
- Fill shells with bean mixture, using 2 tablespoons filling per shell. Place filled shells in prepared baking dish, top with remaining sauce..
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, if desired. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 more minutes..
This coming Sunday is the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. Since the christian symbol for Baptism is the shell, we can easily tie this into our dinner plans by making a meal with pasta shells. One of my favorite recipes, using jumbo shells, is Nacho Stuffed Shells. I also plan to pull out some sea shells and our children's Baptismal candles, like Mary suggested last year, and light them during. Place filled shells in prepared baking dish, top with remaining sauce.