Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb). Keto, Vegan, and Gluten-Free options available. We created Proper Good to help us all eat healthy meals. Soup the way it should be!
Oh man is this keto Smoked Kielbasa Sauerkraut Soup good. Not only is it good, it is a filling meal all by itself because of the high fat content. I first saw some similar recipe on a PBS series program with Marcia Adams called Amish Cooking From Quilt Country. You can have Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb)
- It’s 10 of Hot Dogs (Gluten-Free found to have lowest carbs).
- You need 2 tbs of Avacado Oil.
- It’s 1 lb of sauerkraut (both solid and liquid).
- It’s 3 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of stevia sweetener packet.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 of shallot or small onion.
- It’s 2 strips of Bacon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of chives.
Perfect for me…a quilting program coupled with food. This Keto Slow-Cooker Reuben Soup filled with corned beef, swiss cheese and saurkraut is the perfect low-carb alternative to your favorite reuben sandwich! The month where I share tons of great slow-cooker recipes. We spent the first couple weeks of Crocktober traveling for a family wedding, and since I've returned, I've been struggling to come up with.
Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb) instructions
- Dice onion and bacon into small pieces and put in pot. Fry bacon and onion until browned. delay adding onion by couple of mins if you like crispy bacon..
- Add broth, water, oil, mustard, sweetener, pepper, bay leaves and mustard.
- Measure out sauerkraut making sure there are both solids and liquids (more liquid the more acidic soup – adjust to likeness). Drain liquid into soup then take solids and chop to make less stringy. Add to soup..
- Chop hot dogs in 1/4 of an inch width (can be substituted for sausage). Add to soup. Simmer 15 mins..
- Add pinch of baking soda with 1 tbsp of heavy cream. Stir in. Taste soup add salt as required. Add chives as a garnish..
One of the best winter soup from Eastern Europe. This Keto Sausage Sauerkraut Soup is a perfect mixture of tanginess coming from actual sauerkraut. Together with smoky paprika taste, with the additional taste of wild mushrooms added into it. If you have never tried one of the cabbage soup recipes, this is the time. Great recipe for Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb).