Chicken Tinola. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. It is best to use bone-in chicken for this dish. You can remove the skin from the chicken to reduce fat.
There are times when this is not available especially if you live outside of the Philippines. Tinolang Manok is the ultimate comfort food! Made of chicken, green papaya, fresh spinach, and a ginger-flavored broth, this Filipino soup is hearty, healthy, and tasty. You can have Chicken Tinola using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tinola
- It’s 1/2 of k chicken (with bones) chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of dahon ng sili/chili leaves or malunggay.
- Prepare 2 of chayote peeled and sliced or 2 unripe green papaya wedges.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of garlic peeled and julienned.
- You need 1 of chicken broth cube.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola) How amazing it is to be human. The things we disregard, the things we hold dear, the things we remember. Saute the garlic, onion and ginger in hot oil. Add chicken and cook until browned.
Chicken Tinola step by step
- Saute ginger in oil for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and onions. Cook until garlic is golden brown and onions are translucent. Set aside. Using the same pan cook chicken for about 10 minutes until sides have slightly browned. (I like my chicken cooked in oil and slightly browned, although you don't need to do this as we will still cook the chicken in boiling water)..
- In a pot with water and medium heat/fire, transfer sauteed garlic, onion, ginger, slightly browned chicken, and add chayote or green papaya. Bring to a boil. Add chicken broth cube, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done and chayote or papaya is tender..
- Turn heat to low and add dahon ng sili/chili tops or malunggay leaves. Simmer for 2 minutes and turn off heat. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!.
Chicken Tinola (Tinolang Manok) Tinola is a Filipino dish with chicken pieces cooked in ginger-flavored broth. It also usually has chayote or green papaya and green leaves like chili leaves or malunggay (moringa). Tinola, a comforting chicken soup seasoned with plenty of ginger and garlic, has countless variations throughout the Philippines. The soup calls for malunggay leaves (aka moringa), which can be found fresh or frozen at Asian markets. Bok choy is a good substitute.