One Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese. I have all kind of macaroni and cheese recipes on the blog, and today I have a Creamy One Pot Macaroni and Cheese to add to the collection. This is a great recipe to make for lunch when your kids are in the mood for something simple, hot, and filling, and you need something that comes together in without any fuss. One-Pot Creamy Mac & Cheese This creamy macaroni and cheese is way out of boxed mac and cheese's league.
In a Dutch oven, combine milk, water and macaroni; bring to a boil over medium heat. Quick and easy one pot mac and cheese recipe, made with simple ingredients on stovetop. My son loves this one pot mac and cheese! You can have One Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- It’s 2 cups of milk + up to 1/2 cup additional, if needed.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of elbow noodles, uncooked.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg, salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup (6 oz.) of freshly shredded cheese of choice.
I think it's even better than my family recipe and trust me. This creamy mac and cheese is the best! This is truly the creamiest pasta you will ever eat, thanks to. One Pot Macaroni and Cheese (Stovetop) This macaroni and cheese made in one pot tastes just like wonderful comfort food.
One Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- Start by placing your milk, water, butter and uncooked pasta in a large pot over med-high heat. Allow the liquid to come to a low boil, stirring often while it heats to prevent the milk from scalding. Stir in all of the seasonings..
- Once it begins to reach the low boil, lower the heat to med-low and let it simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent the noodles from sticking. If you notice that the liquid is being absorbed too quickly, add more milk in, about 1/4 cup at a time. Once the pasta is al dente, there should still be a decent amount of liquid remaining in the pot (enough to coat the pasta) and the remaining liquid should be thick and creamy..
- Once it's done, remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the shredded cheese. That's it! Serve it immediately. To reheat leftovers if you have any, stir a splash of milk in before heating..
A great way for cleaning out the fridge of any odds and ends you may have, this macaroni and cheese is a perfect and effortless meal. What I love about this recipe is that you can just pour everything into a large heavy pot. This Ultra Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is one of our favorites! It gets rave reviews & is crazy good, rich & creamy! Loaded with three different cheeses and made right on the stove top, this easy version of an American favorite will be your favorite dinner side dish!