One Pot Creamy American Goulash. Great recipe for One Pot Creamy American Goulash. This is a quick and easy meal that we make every so often. The recipe can also be adapted to add in some extra veggies, such as diced bell peppers, mushrooms or corn.
This is hearty and classic comfort food that your whole family will love, just like this Garlic Chicken Pasta (One Pot) or this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (One Pot). American Goulash is an easy, one-pot, classic comfort food made with ground beef, tomatoes, and macaroni noodles. Enjoy year-round, and delicious leftover, this irresistible Goulash Recipe is guaranteed to win over even the pickiest eaters! You can cook One Pot Creamy American Goulash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One Pot Creamy American Goulash
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk.
- It’s 2 cups of elbow pasta, uncooked.
- It’s 1 tsp. of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Add remaining ingredients and cook: Add broth, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir well, then bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in uncooked (!) macaroni. American beef goulash is what you see here: a one-pot meal made with ground beef, pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese.
One Pot Creamy American Goulash step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring often until they are translucent. Then add the garlic and cook just another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown throughout. Drain out any excess fat, if necessary..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, cream and diced tomatoes. Then stir in the seasonings and allow it to come to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the uncooked elbows, put the lid on and decrease the heat to med-low. Simmer for 11-13 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is mostly absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir half the cheese in until it melts. Then sprinkle the rest across the top. Place the lid back on for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted..
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..
Hungarian goulash, on the other hand, is more of a stew, prepared with cubes of beef (often chuck roast) and vegetables swimming in a paprika-kissed tomato broth. American Goulash is comfort food that the whole family will love. It's warm and hearty with a rich, savory sauce. Best of all, it's one of the most affordable meals you can make in a single pot! What I love most about this recipe is just how simple it is.