Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal). Great recipe for Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal). I made homemade chorizo from the recipe posted on here by Barrie. Sooooo I needed something else to make with the last unfrozen bit before it.
Crumble and cook meat until browned well. This ultimate comforting and cheesy meal is so much easier than making a conventional lasagna. After you try this version you will never need another lasagna recipe! You can cook Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal)
- It’s 4 of "oven ready" lasagna noodles – broken into roughly 1" pieces.
- Prepare 8 oz of chorizo.
- You need 1-2 tbs of oil.
- You need 1 of small onion – chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium bell pepper (your color choice) – deseeded, chopped.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can Cannelini beans.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of (slightly heaping) cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of sugar (optional).
- You need 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a cheddar mozzarella blend).
These simple One Pot Meals are your answer to quick and easy weeknight dinners! Everything cooks in one pot or pan for maximum flavor and minimum cleanup! These easy dinner recipes eliminate the need to figure out what sides to cook with your main dish, because each recipes provides your protein, vegetables, and grains in one dish! Skip the oven… This easy-cheesy, One-Pot Stovetop Lasagna is a delicious twist on a family-friendly classic.
Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) step by step
- Heat a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs oil. Begin cooking chorizo, breaking up to a crumble as you go..
- When chorizo is half cooked add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes. Note: If chorizo is lean (mine was because it was homemade) add second tbs of oil along with onion and pepper..
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and if desired sugar to taste (used to balance the acidity of tomatoes and heat of other spices)..
- Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a vigorous simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Stir in water and broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid slightly vented. Reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Taste. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Add a dash of hot sauce if desired..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle cheese over the top, return lid. Let sit covered 10 to allow cheese to melt and sauce to thicken. Serve topped with sour cream if desired. Enjoy!.
The only downfall about moving there was that it didn't have air conditioning. Now, … If you'd like a browned lasagna top, heat the oven to broil and use an oven-safe skillet. This ultimate comforting and cheesy meal is so much easier than making a conventional lasagna. After you try this version Satisfy comfort food cravings with easy one-pot meals like warming soups and stews, comforting casseroles, and all kinds of mac and cheese from Food Network. We'd be hard-pressed to think of a meal better-suited to weeknight cooking than a one-skillet dish.